Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Denim and Khakis

Read my previous fall article: http://southernslice.blogspot.com/2012/09/as-summer-begins-to-wind-down-and-long.html
     
For fall you'll want to put away the summer linens and khaki shorts by the third week of September, but I wouldn't put them in the back of the closet too quickly. You know how unpredictable the weather can be in the South. Nevertheless, it's time to start working thicker khakis, dress slacks, and denim to the front. I'll start with denim. Denim does not have to be expensive, which is a good thing since it is an important part of the everyday casual wardrobe. In a previous post I recommended the Big Star Jeans, and I still stand by that decision [even though there jeans can be too edgy at times]. Another brand of denim that are especially good for fall is 7 For All Mankind, stick with dark washes for fall and winter. Note: You'll also want bootcut jeans so you have no trouble slipping your jeans over weather permitting footwear.

A-Pocket Original Bootcut in New York Dark; From 7forallmankind.com $169
     As for fall khakis, I recommend a couple pair of "The Khakis" from bonobos, who obviously thinks these are "the" best khakis around (I would agree, although there are a few other brands I like too). These again are bootcut and 100% cotton. To warm things up try a pair of wool socks from the local department store. 
"The Khakis" available at bonobos.com $88
More coming soon. T.

No comments:

Post a Comment